Conceived as a mixed-use, holistic, lifestyle development, Tigné Point is currently best known for its luxurious apartments. Whilst these continue to attract buyers from different corners of the globe, the residential component of the project comprises just 55% of the area of the peninsula. This is complemented by The Point shopping mall, Malta’s largest retail centre, and the car‐free Pjazza Tigné the heart of this mixed use project and the largest square in the fashionable Sliema district. An international grade business centre is also on the cards and this will be located on the seafront to the north of Pjazza Tigné. This will contain commercial and leisure outlets that will complete the piazza environment and the surrounding retail and catering outlets.
Strong emphasis has been put on the restoration of the important historic sites in the area including Fort Tigné, St Luke’s Garrison Chapel, the Garden Battery and the Clock Tower blocks. These have now been restored to complement the contemporary architecture that characterises the site.
The development also offers leisure activities such as a swimming pool, bars, cafés and restaurants as well as a fully-fledged football pitch and training complex of the local Sliema Wanderers’ football team. One of the most salient aspects of this project is the fact that all traffic has been routed underground, providing a 30-acre car‐free zone at ground level. The development also provides extensive open public spaces, a series of foreshore walkways and a second open square planned for the Tigné North phase.
Overview of Tigné Point
- The mixed‐use development at Tigné Point comprises residential, leisure, commercial and retail facilities in a fully pedestrianised environment
- 55% of the 110,000m2 site comprises apartments of varying sizes, planned around the perimeter of the project, with many enjoying sea views
- 23,000m2 of retail space inside The Point Shopping Centre, as well as over 2,500m2 of retail space framing Pjazza Tigné
- Over 1,900 underground car parking spaces
- A 12,500m2 premium, IT enabled, modular business centre overlooking Pjazza Tigné and the open sea
- Various sports facilities, including Sliema Wanderers 11a-side pitch, indoor 5-a-side pitches and training rooms
- Joint venture with SIS (Solutions & Infrastructure Services Ltd.), harnessing innovative Siemens technology to provide comprehensive security, fire detection and efficient heating & cooling systems
- Residents' pool overlooking Valletta
- Dual carriageway, underground tunnel connecting the Tigné seafront to Qui-si-sana
- Scenic foreshore walkway bordering the Tigné Point peninsula
- Restoration of the 18th century Fort Tigné, Garden Battery, Clock Tower, St. Luke's Garrison Chapel and certain elements of the army barracks, which are woven into the contemporary architecture characterising Tigné Point